Wednesday, January 25, 2012

DIY Couture Clutch

My sister's wedding is approaching quickly and I spent yesterday searching everywhere for a golden clutch for myself for the wedding.  I found many clutches, but they were a little pricey for 1 night. So I decided I would make my own.  I found a cute sparkly golden set of make-up bags that would be perfect to transform into an embellished evening couture clutch.  Here is a tutorial on how I did it.

Supplies I used:


Scissors
Felt
Hot Glue
Hot Glue Gun
$6 Make-up bag
3 Jewels
A pin back
Flower 

1.  First I found some flower petals which I glued together making this ivory flower.  I then hot glued the 3 jewels in the center.  If you have trouble with the centers sticking to your flower, you may need to use a fabric glue instead of the hot glue.

2.  Next I cut a large circle from felt and glued it to the back of my flower.

3.  I then cut a smaller circle to use to attach my pin back to the larger felt circle attached to my flower.  The smaller circle just reinforces the pin back to the flower.

4.  Finally I attached the flower pin to my make-up bag and here it is an easy DIY couture clutch.  You also end up with a classy flower brooch to attach to your top, purse, scarf, or belt.


1 comment: