Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Vintage Gift Wrap


With my sister's bridal shower & wedding having a vintage theme I had to come up with some vintage inspired gift wrapping ideas.  Here is what I came up with:


Wrap a doily around a box & tie the box together with a thin piece of twine.


I love using burlap to make gift bows.


This is the card I came up with.  I think I found these letter stamps at Michaels.  I punched the heart out of thicker cardboard like cardstock and punched a hole in the corner.  I then attached the heart with a piece of silk satin ribbon.



Finally, I wanted to come up with a unique gift for my sister & her new hubby's wedding gift.  I purchased a gift card from my sister's favorite vintage shop in Rockford, IL Urban Farmgirl and wrapped the card in an old book.  Before wrapping the book up, I used some stamps and stamped a message to the bride & groom on the inside cover of the book.  I cut a strip off a paper bag and wrapped it around the book.  I then ripped a strip of muslin and tied it around the book.




                                                      -Karmen

1 comment: